Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Duren Duren

Duren Duren is the cake I ate in Secret Recipe with MeeMay and her room mate Guang Shi. Both of them are so close. Compare with mine... 1 word. Kanasai. Okay, stop the bad thing.

It's Duren Duren, not Durian Durian. I have not eat durian for ages. So I was so desperate to try this cake, but I don't want to eat it alone, cause of the sky-high price. Luckily today I found someone interested in this cake too, she's MeeMay's room mate, Guang Shi. So 3 of us bought 2 cakes to share, Duren Duren and Chocolate Chip Walnut.
Chocolate Chip Walnut was okay, I like the texture of the cream cheese and the walnuts. Eating the cream cheese was like diving under the ocean, so comfortable and nice. Eating the walnuts was like you found treasure at the bottom of the sea. So eating the whole piece of cake was like DIVING....OMG TREASURE!! DIVING.... OMG TREASURE AGAIN! (these steps repeat until the cake was finished)

Now it's the main character of the day. DUREN DUREN! As expected, it's really berry cherry very DELICIOUS! The soft cake with the ice-cream-like durian cream... It blends with each other perfectly! If I would like to describe about the flavour... it's just like you're MELTING together with the cake, and travel an exciting journey from the tip of your tongue till your intestines. Get what I mean? HAHA. When I ate the last piece of Duren Duren, with the cake, almond pieces, and cream together, I felt so touched, the happiness... the flavour... Awww I nearly dropped my tears. And that was TEARS OF HAPPINESS!

Finishing the remaining pieces of cake and cream.

Nothing left =(


This cake is seasonal. For the sake of your desperate-for-durian tummy, faster run to the nearest Secret Recipe and buy one whole TON Duren Duren cake! This is an ORDER!

8 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

nice cake! yummy! =)

Charles, Kevin, Yon, Chew said...

Ken: Yea. Definately a must-try-cake!

Joanne Lee said...

woah. hebat eh you. always also go secret recipe. hah. eh, after exam we go makan la. :P

Charles, Kevin, Yon, Chew said...

Lol. I only go there twice la. Haha. Okayokay haha, u belanja xD

~M3e MaY~ said...

is durian durian la^^

Joanne Lee said...

haha. so expensive. i belanja you the Big Apple's Duren Duren la. haha. way much cheaper. :P

Charles, Kevin, Yon, Chew said...

MeeMay: No lar. I remember the name. It's Duren Duren! =P

Joanne: I've tried that before. Damn nice also! Thanks for the treat! *noted* xD

~M3e MaY~ said...

nola... i ask guang shi d...she said is durian durian a